Behold dark visions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Empty An old place, out in the woods beyond the city

Post by Suibhne O Finn Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:31 pm

Suibhne makes his way back to his main haven after the meeting with Becks, smiling at the way things turn out. He switches his cloths for a very dark, very long robe and cloak, a hood attached, and sturdy boats. He heads out of the city, beyond the ways, taking familiar but secret underground pathways, heading into the woods and an old forgotten temple after the directions given him by the salubri.
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Empty Re: An old place, out in the woods beyond the city

Post by Lord Felinus Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:10 pm

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Downlo14
The wind blows thru the cherry blossoms. The temple is in surprisingly good shape...there is a sense of both peace and foreboding.

You feel as though watched.
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

https://darkvisions.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Empty Re: An old place, out in the woods beyond the city

Post by Suibhne O Finn Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Pause, take in the scent of the blossoms. In a relaxed, slightly amused tone, speak, "I can sense your presence, whomever may be watching. Come, join me under this lovely tree. I can wait."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:49 am

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Whitef10

This beautiful white furred nine tailed fox walks into the area. Jumping into a pile of petals, this woman? Pops out.

An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Kitsun10

Chinese
"You seem lost, ancient of days. Whom do you seek in this forgotten place?"
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 am

Suibhne takes off his hood to reveal his blue tinged white skin, replies in the same tongue. "Not so much lost, fox spirit, but in search of enlightenment. I came to this ancient place because I was directed here with that in mind."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:37 pm

She smiles at this.
"Fox Spirit...I like that."
She sits nearby.
"I do not wish to intrude. This temple rarely gets visitors it caight my attention and curiosity. "
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Sit down again, "no intrusion, I value any new encounter and opportunity to learn. Tell me, you say that the temple rarely gets visitors. That is a shame, it looks fascinating. Is it just forgotten?"
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:33 am

She looks at you oddly.
"Have you been sleeping the sleep of old ones? Much has changed in the world. Most do not dare venture outside the walls though that was true enough before for the ghet of Cayne. I am Kitsune, werefox. I have no quarrel." she puts up a hand.
"It is very old. Occasionally actual spirits and..
Other things do pop in here."
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:22 am

Suibhne nods, "I am one of the stolen, partially cainite and partially fae. I have been asleep, as you say, from time to time, but as a naturally born immortal, my mind and body do not require those periods of rest to the same extent as the mortals. Also, I have only relatively recently come this far east from my birth nation. It is the changeability of mortals which concerns me these nights though and the seeming disappearance of the kue-jin."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:45 pm

At these words the silence is broken by a howling wind, swirling the petals in the air, your companion yips, turns into a fox and runs off.
Forming into a man this steps forth.
An old place, out in the woods beyond the city 11459210
"You dare speak of us, gaejin?"
He asks haughtily his head high.
"What pray tell, have you to do with the kuejin?"
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:59 pm

"I dare many things kuejin. The disappearance of your kind has, I think, caused an in-balance in the mortals."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:16 pm

He chuckles.
"Hassss it? I see you are a creature very much concerned with balance."
He considers.
"And what would you consider to be the solution to this imbalance as you put it? Will you be the one to, bring balance to the force?"
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:26 pm

"First I would need to uncover the reasons for the disappearance of your kind. Then, determine if it was a natural or unnatural occurance. Then explore the possibilities of amendment."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:07 am

He frowns.
"I don't much care for your serious mein. Do you not know? It is the kinjin using their disciplines that disrupts the flow of chi. We stood as guardians of the jade kingdom until the Emperor opened the gates to the outsiders. The one you people called Saulot spoke of the outside world and the kindred in it. It was only a matter of time until the ghet of Kayne would over run the earth, bringing corruption in their wake. Most have retreated to worlds beyond this one. A few of us remain as we feel it is preferable to walk this world. Does this answer your question, (chinese word for half breed) ?" he leers.
You can tell from your study of the ku jen this creature is likely dominated by his Po or lower self.
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:45 am

Suibhne considers the words, "but that is merely a pro hoc ergo propter hoc argument. Left unchallenged the kin-jin would grow in population until naturally culled again by the mortals. The kin-jin are part of a cycle; the kue-jin were a balancing force. Why did the kue-jin not increase in number to combat the imbalance? This, I think, is the equation that needs resolution."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:54 pm

"We are souls escaped from the hells. I don't know what possible part of the ecosystem you believe we could possibly be? Neither of our people are natural. What you once were, sure, but if you are so concerned with balance, maybe you should greet the sun."
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:47 pm

Suihbne adopts his old scholarly pose. "Let me try to explain. Each variety of supernatural being - the unnatural in your words - has a place in the wider cosmology beyond their own individual view of the world or their place in it. I have studied what mortals called the big picture. You have to think beyond your small picture. We are all put of a cosmic jigsaw puzzle and, even with one piece missing ultimate destiny cannot be fulfilled. I came to the revelation that my being stolen must have played some wider purpose and I came to believe that it was to understand a higher truth."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:26 pm

"A fools errand. Seek after my bretheren if you wish. All you do is court your own kinds destruction. My curiosity is satisfied."
With that he leaves as quickly as he came.
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Suibhne raises an eyebrow in bemusement. He waits a moment to see if the werefox will return and, if not, carry on toward the old temple.
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:11 pm

The place is old clearly. Yet maintained.
You hear a tinkling of chimes with laughter.
A strange spirit manifests.
Chinese
"Greetings one who walks between. What do you seek snd what do you offer?" the kami watches you curious
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:21 pm

"I seek enlightenment and knowledge and I offer enthusiasm and curiosity."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:26 am

"Done and done."
Wow You perhaps should have known better.
Must have been your over confidence at work.
Sparkling silver and gold shiny particles stream forth from your orrifices into a ball which it takes.
Suddenly the world is a duller more banal place, what is the point?, you've seen it all before..even as your knowledge of the natural world and its processes expands and you gain insight into enlightenment. Perhaps the chase was more gratifying than the finding?

You  gain the state of enui and the flaw lazy. You may work towards removing these issues.
However,
You also gain lore Golcanda 3 as enlightenment fills your mind its so clear now as well knowledge science is raised to 5.
Golcanda seeker merit achieved.

The Kami swirls in the air smiling.
"You came to the right place seeker. "
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:14 am

Suibhne narrows his eyes, frowning then smiling as the knowledge filters into his consciousness. "It seems that I have indeed. I have gained and learned an important lesson. You have my thanks kami spirit."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Felinus Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:48 am

It nods, you are taking this better than it anticipated.
"Enjoy."
It leaves a small toy represenation of itself behind for you.
And swirls off leaving you alone with your thoughts.
An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Forest10
You hear a growl. You see four sets of eyes in the darkness, wolf like but bigger than any wolf has business being.
Your lycanthropy lore indicates they are in a dire wolf form.
What you can tell, their fur patterns and coloration seem to be the dreaded Red Talons who hate man.
But they have not yet attacked.
One moves forward the others do not move but are in a formation..
What do you do?An old place, out in the woods beyond the city Caroly10
Lord Felinus
Lord Felinus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Suibhne O Finn Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Suibhne picks up the toy, smiling. Then turns to address the Red Talon, "I seek knowledge for the sake of my people; I protect the interests of the fae; I advocate for the mortals in the immortal courts."
Suibhne O Finn
Suibhne O Finn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next